That it examination affirmed his see which dated into several months between the assumed municipalisation out of Hispellum as well as colonisation ( i
Plain old way of setting-up civil reputation ‘s the presence of epigraphic facts from the urban heart concerned to the magistracy of quattuorviri . About three surviving or submitted inscriptions of this type you certainly will get in touch with quattuorviri on Hispellum.
? Simone Sisani (2002, referenced below) composed an in depth paper to your a now-missing inscription (CIL XI 5281) which had been on a beneficial funerary stele that was discover additional Spello inside 1773. It see:
Inside papers, Sisani asserted that the brand new stele had been located around the chapel away from Santa Luciola external Spello, however, the guy changed so it a little for the an afterwards papers (referenced below, 2012, p. 425, note 90): a correct place try near the establish railway route off Cannara (some six kilometres northwest out-of Spello and you may more or less an identical distance, since the crow flies, from Bevagna). There is particular uncertainty regarding date on the inscription:
• By the point out of his 2012 papers, Sisani had been able to look at a photo (portrayed while the their Figure 10) that had been taken in the new 1990’s, in the event the inscription was regarding deposit of one’s Commune. age ., so you can ca . 90-forty BC). Also, he suggested (throughout the report away from 2002, during the pp. 504-5) you to Falius got probably become a member of the first university from quattuorviri shortly after municipalisation, together with started accountable for the original municipal census.
• The EAGLE database (understand the CIL hook up) gives a larger listing of schedules, california . 90-31 BC. A date within the last several years of variety manage prevent the chance that Lucius Falius Tinius ended up being a good quattuorvir of Hispellum.
? A couple of almost every other funerary inscriptions (represented over), each of which are now on municipal lapidarium out of Spello, celebrate quattuorviri :
• CIL XI 5282 (into the leftover), and therefore came from a not known place during the Spello and which had already been reused for the casa Donnola here, honors Titus Laterius, boy away from Titus, who had been quattuorvir i(ure) d(icundo) ; and
• CIL XI 5288, and that originated in a not known location inside the Spello and you will which in fact had been used again in the Collegiata di San Lorenzo truth be told there, celebrates Lucius Turius, guy off Lucius, who had been quattuorvir aed(illis) .
• Simoni Sisani (referenced lower than, 2012, p. 432, notice 117) old them to that time before the formation of the nest in the Hispellum.
Regardless if the about three inscriptions would pre-day colonisation, this facts will not conclusively keep the circumstances to possess a great municipium in the Hispellum:
• The fresh new EAGLE databases (see the respective CIL backlinks) schedules them to the second half the very first millennium BC. Once again, a night out together once 41 BC means one none Titus Laterius nor Lucius Turius ended up being an excellent quattuorviri regarding Hispellum.
? CIL XI 5281 (L. Falius Tinia) are discovered at a site that was around equidistant from Hispellum and you can Mevania; and you may
? regardless of if both CIL XI 5282 (T. Laterius) and you may CIL XI 5288 (L. Turius) was indeed reused inside houses from inside the Spello, the original area regarding neither is known.
In any case, a see spot during the otherwise close Hispellum would not be conclusive: such as, an inscription ( AE 1965, 279a ) you to commemorated a now-private quattuorvir during the early Augustan period was later inserted close this new font of San Bartolomeo, Montefalco: because the urban area around progressive Montefalco yes belonged so you’re able to Mevania, it must possess recognized a quattuorvir out of Mevania . In the same manner, if Hispellum had belonged so you can Mevania in advance of colonisation, it can was in fact feasible for quattuorviri of Mevania was in fact commemorated here.